Before we get into detail about the cryotherapy business, let’s first have an overview of what cryotherapy is.
Cryotherapy means ‘cold therapy’ where cold is used as a form of treatment. The treatment can be administered on your whole body or just in one area. A cryotherapy machine is used to administer cold therapy on your body.
Wondering How Cryotherapy Works? Let’s Have a Quick Overview
Nowadays, many clients in spas, gyms, and salons are obsessed with cryotherapy. Cryotherapy involves getting plunged into a chamber (specifically meant to treat you to cold dry air). The therapy part involves exposure to extremely low temperatures of about 100 to 140 degrees Celsius.
Cryotherapy chambers look like a tanning bed with an open top. While inside, the head sticks out. Liquid nitrogen is used to produce the cool effect which flows around the body. Clients get inside the chamber with gloves, socks, and shoes. This is meant to prevent harm.
Cryotherapy might not sound relaxing, but it is the latest wellness craze and those who have experienced it, swear by its benefits.
5 Reasons Cryotherapy Machines Will Give Your Business an Edge
The cryotherapy business is expected to grow by up to US$ 4.29 billion by 2023. Every wellness enthusiast today is looking to benefit from cryotherapy – in addition to gaining from physical routines. So here are the key reasons why having cryotherapy machines will give you an edge over your competitors.
- You will entice clients with the latest wellness and fitness equipment: Customers’ tastes and demands are dynamic and you have to adapt quickly to meet their continuously changing demands. Your club members will want to test the benefits of cryotherapy sooner or later. The addition of cryotherapy machines will also attract new customers and especially the informed generation that always wants to keep up with the latest trends.
- Customer retention and loyalty: Having cryotherapy machines in your gym shows your consumers that you have their interest at heart and that you’re willing to invest in more diverse wellness and fitness equipment. This allows you to retain your existing customers and win their loyalty.
- Product differentiation: Adapting to new trends in the industry will distinguish you from your competitors and strengthen your identity. It will give your business a competitive advantage as you will be offering what your competitors are not offering. And what this means for your business is more money.
- Your revenue will grow: According to the IHRSA Health Club Consumer Report, what attracts consumers to gym clubs, are equipment and machines. So how well gyms adapts to new fitness and wellness equipment, the more consumers they gain and retain. This will positively impact your revenue.
- You will have an opportunity to market more services: Having cryotherapy machines in your gym will allow you to market more services. This will make customers have the enthusiasm to try new products; this will trigger their purchase decision. Marketing more services build your brand and often leads to increased sales.
Why You Should Consider Incorporating Cryotherapy in Your Gym
It is important to keep up with current trends in the market irrespective of which business you’re running. Gyms are no exception to this. Cryotherapy is the hot trend of recent years and it is not about to stop. The reason behind the success of cryotherapy business is the many perceived benefits it comes with, which include:
- Facilitates weight loss: Cryotherapy increases metabolism which impacts your weight loss.
- Prevention and treatment of cancer: Recent studies show that cryotherapy can prevent the formation of cancer cells as well as treat some forms of cancer through medical cryotherapy.
- Alleviate eczema symptoms: This is according to a 2008 study on people with eczema.
- Reverse skin aging: It is believed that cryotherapy reverses and slows down skin aging.
- Alleviates arthritic inflammation: Cryotherapy significantly reduces inflammation in people with arthritis.
Cryotherapy offers great health benefits to the body and is an alternative form of treatment to migraines, muscle pain, arthritic inflammation, prevention and reversing cancer cells, treating mood disorders among other benefits.
Cryotherapy is a current wellness and fitness trend which is being emulated by gyms, clinics, and spas. You, therefore, need to create space for cryotherapy in your gym to meet the dynamic tastes of clients. This will give you an advantage over your competitors and allow you to widen your profit margins.